Collections Supervisor – Portsmouth
This role is to supervise the UK Credit Control team of 3 Collectors at Lead Forensics. Reporting into the Credit Control Manager there will be 3 direct reports, all of which are based in the UK Portsmouth office.
The role is wide ranging and involves all aspects of cash flow maximisation and management and motivation of the existing UK credit control team.
At Lead Forensics, the key challenge is one of volume as we have many thousands of customers being invoiced each month. The successful candidate will ensure the efficient collection of unpaid invoices on the UK sales ledger and monitor the aged debt position. Key Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Responsible for the efficient collection of unpaid invoices on the UK sales ledger
• Regular review of UK Collections team performance with appropriate follow up plans in place
• Daily reviewing of the aged debt profile to highlight issues and formulating appropriate action
• Ensure the team delivers a consistent professional level of service on to the business at all
• Manage the dispute process, holding weekly meetings with Customer Success Department to
ensure no old matters are unresolved
• Responsible for the process for sending clients to agency and court action.
• Ensure correct collection decisions are made and accounts followed up promptly
• Weekly reporting to Credit Control Manager on UK Team’s performance
• Setting targets and compile the cash collected for the UK team and compare to target and
report to the Credit Control Manager on performance.
• Negotiation with clients who are disputing their balance owed.
• Minimise bad debt on UK ledger
• All aspects of team management :
o Weekly 121s
o Holding team meetings
o Ensuring the various ledgers are appropriately resourced
• Monitoring Team call volumes
• Will be a player manager who will hold a number of client accounts
• Weekly aging review and reporting with Credit Control Manager
• Responsible for UK Refunds and Failed Direct Debit processes
• Other ad hoc tasks as required
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess excellent organisation skills – email, meetings, management of pending points
• Previous Supervisory experience
• Be comfortable dealing with high volumes
• Approachable; strong team player,
• Be happy to roll sleeves up and get involved
• Proven credit experience. Ability to deal with a challenging sales ledger profile with successful
• Experience of Sage finance packages would be an advantage, though not essential,
• Excellent telephone manner – firm but professional, and a strong negotiator
• Good, accurate written skills/manner,
• Excellent communicator,
• Results driven,
• Sound knowledge of the business to business culture.
• Adaptable (fast moving environment),
• Be proficient in excel
• Have demonstrable experience of leading and managing credit control teams including :
o Management experience
o Excellent knowledge of the UK legal cash collection process.
o Experience of cash collection overseas, especially the US, would be a distinct
advantage• Have the following personal attributes
o Team player
o Level headed and unflappable
o Approachable and enthusiastic
o Can do attitude
o High attention to detail