Credit Controller – Portsmouth
Lead Forensics Ltd is a rapidly growing business. There are a high volume of low value transactions and due to
continued fast expansion a vacancy for a new Credit Controller has been created.
• Responsible for collection of debt on the UK sales ledger including :
▪ Direct contact with clients by phone
▪ Credit control via email where appropriate
▪ Issuing chasing/warning letters according to strict deadlines
▪ Escalation of non-payers for legal action & follow up on developments.
▪ Production and mailing of statements
▪ Maintenance of up to date detailed credit control notes
• Responsible for collection of payments via BACS, Cheque and recurring credit card payments,
• Encouraging clients to settle outstanding invoices by Direct Debit.
• Develop strong relationships with customers to improve credit control efficiency
• Liaison with other team members to update on progress/contribute to preparation of debt position to
rest of business
• Liaison with Account Management and other internal functions to resolve problem accounts
• Responsible for ensuring the hard working team ethic of the department is maintained.
• Other ad hoc tasks as necessary including Administration duties.
• Previous experience of credit control essential,
• Experience of collecting overseas debt, especially the US, would be an advantage
• Approachable; strong team player,
• Proven credit experience. Ability to deal with a challenging sales ledger profile with successful
• Experience of Sage finance packages would be an advantage, though not essential,
• Excellent telephone manner – firm but professional,
• Good, accurate written skills/manner,
• Excellent attention to detail,
• Enthusiastic, keen to be involved,
• Excellent communicator,
• Organised ,
• Results driven,
• Sound knowledge of the business to business culture.
• Adaptable (fast moving environment),
The successful candidate will take complete ownership of the ledger reporting on an exception basis to their
line manager/appropriate departments in the business.