Grabbing every hot lead you can and successfully converting them is what B2B sales is all about. But even the hottest lead can quickly go cold if it’s not picked up early enough. So it’s no surprise that sales teams are doing everything they can to ensure a speedy response time.
From intelligent work management methods, to the latest digital tools, it’s about having a system in place that’s as streamlined and efficient as possible. That includes having all team members fully on board and using the CRM, plus making the most of software and technology to automate processes, reduce admin and overall help sales to focus on what they do best – landing the deal.
IP tracking software
IP tracking software is one of the most effective digital tools that teams can use for grabbing and reacting to leads. The software works by tracking the unique number assigned to each computer when it accesses the internet. By adding some simple code to a website, when a B2B customer visits the software can identify their contacts details and visitor information, even if they haven’t completed a ‘contact us’ form or made themselves known.
Thanks to Lead Forensics’ comprehensive database, a detailed picture can be created of exactly who has been visiting the website, including what they looked at, how they first came to find the website, how they moved around it, and a whole host of other invaluable information. Find out more about how Lead Forensics works in our short guide below.
But it doesn’t stop there. The benefits of using IP tracking are huge. From uncovering every potential lead, to spotting opportunities to upsell to existing customers, being able to strongly tailor marketing content and seeing which pages of the website are working or in need of more attention. Not to mention never needing to make a cold call again.
And when it comes to lead response times, you can be straight on the phone. With the software you are able to set up an alert so you know when a top target prospect has landed on your website. You’ll also be able to find out when an amazing lead you know is hotting up has started giving off signals that they’re ready to buy. IP tracking means you could be on that phone within minutes, giving you a real edge over competitors and that all important ‘perfect timing’.
The detailed information IP tracking gives you means you are not only calling at the right time, but with the right approach – one that is based on insights about the lead, who they are, who their company is and their behaviour up to that point.
Getting the most out of IP tracking
As with any software, the best results will always be achieved if it is being used to its full potential. IP tracking can generate a lot of information, so customising the system for your own company’s requirements is vital.
There are three key steps that you can take to ensure maximum success:
1. Define your qualification process
Start by being clear on your definition of what a good lead will look like and how you are going to qualify them. The most effective way to do this is for sales and marketing teams to sit down together to agree on who is the ideal client, what criteria you’ll use to qualify them and what signals a lead may send out that they are now ready to buy. Once this information is clear you can use it to customise the system.
An example of IP tracking software in action: A financial services company based in the Midlands decides to use the information provided by Lead Forensics to qualify leads and assess when they are ready to be passed over to the sales team. The IP tracking software gives them details about who has been visiting their website, when, and what they have looked at while there.
For the company, they use this information to identify when they have a strong sales lead meeting certain qualification criteria – for them this is a lead that is located within 100miles of their Birmingham office. One that has a turnover between £10M-£100M and one that will have a need for their types of specialist services. Once a lead meets this criteria and has visited the website at least twice, reading certain key pages such as the FAQs, then they know it’s time to put in a call.
2. Customise and automate
Using your lead qualiﬁcation process you can then refine and streamline the process by setting-up automatic actions within the Lead Forensics software. This includes automatic categorisation of web visitors based on key criteria you select, so ‘hot’ leads will be quickly flagged up for example. Also the setting up of email alerts when certain website visitors come to the site, and triggers for reports and reminders.
3. Log in regularly
Finally, make sure you are making full and regular use of all the real-time information. For marketing it is a treasure trove of analysis, offering insights into individual marketing activities and content effectiveness. By looking at who exactly is visiting your website and what they are looking at, you can see what’s working and if you’re generating the right type of leads. For sales, looking at the daily visitor lists and hottest opportunities and picking up the phone within 24 hours of a lead’s visit to the website is a route to success and will be the end of the need for any cold calling.
4. IP tracking in action
So is it time to consider a free trial and see what it could mean for your business? For these 10 customers, since turning to IP tracking they have never looked back.
- The Scottish Business Awards managed to land a new client within ten minutes of turning Lead Forensics on, a sale worth £7500. By the end of the first month they had already seen an ROI of 2615%.
- By tracking the businesses visiting the website, in just one year Barbour ABI accelerated their lead generation activity, introducing around 1,000 prospects to the sales team for them to follow up.· Furniture company Oktra say 50% of their leads come from Lead Forensics, which has been worth £500,000 to the company.
- Lead Forensics has doubled Sliced Bread’s lead funnel and their biggest win to date is from a top 100 UK law firm, worth between £350,000 and £500,000.
- After launching their new website, Lead Forensics enabled drpgroup to double their traffic month on month and increase page views by a factor of 2.5. In 2 years the software delivered an ROI of around 2,100%.
- In the first year of using Lead Forensics, Pi Datametrics’ traffic levels rose to 55,000 per month – an increase of over 350%.
- For DA Systems, after implementing Lead Forensics and integrating the tool with Salesforce, they were able to deliver 400% ROI and pay for their investment in the tool within a month.
- Lead Forensics delivered a 423% return on investment for Carbon 360, a leading online feedback company.
- Corporate events company In2Events managed to land a client that more than paid for the investment in Lead Forensics for a year – during their week’s free trial.
- Before using Lead Forensics, the sales team at printing firm ABC Imaging were using data lists and cold calling businesses in order to try and win new business. This was time consuming and didn’t give them the results they needed. They now call companies within 20 minutes of them visiting their website.
Overall, one of the biggest advantages customers have found is that they have actionable data that can be turned into real results. Sales reps can make calls to coincide with a website visit that happened in the last 20 minutes. This has given them a clear edge over competitors.
For more top tips on achieving the maximum results from IP tracking software, download our handy guide.