- What IP addresses are and how they can be tracked
- What IP tracking can do for your business
- How IP address trackers can revolutionize marketing and sales results
There are now 340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,456 (340 trillion trillion trillion) IP addresses, to ensure the planet never runs out!
Though IP tracking has been around for a few decades now, many businesses aren’t aware of just how much impact website visitor tracking with IP address insights can have. With so many IP addresses created to future-proof us in a digitally driven world, it seems it’s here to stay – so you need to understand Internet Protocol, what it means for your business and how it can evolve your strategies.
Asking the right questions…
- What is an IP address?
- What is IP tracking?
- Why does my business need IP address tracking?
- Is IP tracking legal?
- How do IP address trackers work?
- How can I ensure ROI from my IP address tracker?
This free beginner guide answers all these questions, helping you and your team master the world of IP address tracking, and discover the website visitor tracking tools available to you. Improve business lead generation and sales pipeline activity with advanced IP address understanding and tracking- find out how here!
What is an IP address?
Your IP address is like your home address; it is assigned to your computer network interface, helping you send and receive data on the internet or between networks without having to manually move it. An IP address appears as a collection of numbers separated by periods and is assigned to you by your ISP (internet service provider).
There are now 340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,456 (340 trillion trillion trillion) IP addresses because a few years ago, the world ran out of them. This caused huge issues, meaning IP addresses holding multiple devices, such as homes or offices, couldn’t properly function. At that time, 4.3 billion IP addresses had been created for use, but due to the influx of smart phones and tablets, each person needed at least two , meaning there just weren’t enough to go around.
IP addresses can be static or dynamic. Static IP addresses are constant – whenever you access the internet, your IP remains the same. Dynamic addresses however allow your device to use a different IP address each time you go online. Both types have their pros and cons, and they best suit different devices. Static IPs best suit home and businesses, dynamic best suit smart-phones and tablets.
Why does my B2B organization need to track IP addresses?
Using an IP address tracker to monitor and measure the IP’s hitting your website offers some exciting advantages for your marketing and sales teams…
- Advanced website analysis – IP addresses can be tracked to their exact locations, meaning your web analytics tool can gain a definitive boost, with an insight into audience location for improved marketing campaigns.
- Improved business lead generation – IP address tracking can boost lead generation tools with advanced website visitor tracking. Lead Forensics for example, run visiting IP addresses through an enormous business database for visitor identification, proving a bounty of new leads for sales follow up.
- Locally personalized advertising – The ability to track location with IP addresses allows marketers to run effective online adverts personalized to visitor location. This is a powerful and often underused technique, helping boost marketing campaign success.